What to Do If Your Insurance Claim Was Denied by State Farm
Most people assume that an insurance company will automatically pay you for your accident-related injuries. The truth is that State Farm, and other insurers, routinely deny valid claims in an effort to avoid paying damages. Accident victims are strongly encouraged to contact an attorney to ensure that they receive the settlement they deserve.
At Fibich, Leebron, Copeland, & Briggs, we represent car accident victims in Houston and throughout Texas. We fight to ensure that insurance companies like State Farm pay full and fair settlements. Our attorneys are unafraid to litigate cases, always working tirelessly to get the best possible outcome for each of our clients. If State Farm has rejected your claim, contact our office at (713) 751-0025 to book a free consultation.
What You Need to Know About State Farm Insurance Claims
Texas allows injured parties to pursue compensation for their accident-related losses from a party that was at least partially responsible for their injuries. It is usually done by filing a claim against the motorist’s insurance policy.
State Farm is one of the largest auto insurers in Texas, providing policies for approximately 13.35% of the market. This means that if you are injured in a car accident, the at-fault driver might have a State Farm policy. It is important to know what to expect when dealing with State Farm or any other insurer.
Insurance companies are businesses and they will try to pay you the least amount of money possible (or none at all) to settle your claim. In many cases, they even reject or deny valid claims. The best way to ensure that you receive the money you deserve after an accident is by retaining legal counsel. An attorney can provide you with guidance and representation throughout the process.
Tactics State Farm May Use to Deny a Claim
State Farm and other insurers use a number of tactics to try to deny a claim. Many of the strategies used can be mitigated by retaining an attorney.
State Farm may say or use the following to reject your claim:
- Downplaying your injuries – State Farm may try to argue that you did not seek medical treatment quickly enough or you have insufficient evidence to prove the severity of your harm. Another excuse that an insurer may use is that your injuries were the result of a pre-existing condition, not of the accident itself.
- Incomplete paperwork – One of the most common reasons for a rejected claim is paperwork errors. An attorney can help ensure that the claim is timely and properly filed.
- Denying liability – In an effort to pay you little or nothing at all, State Farm may attempt to claim that their insured was not responsible for the accident or that your portion of the fault exceeded 50%.
- Delaying the claim – Unfortunately, State Farm may try to delay your claim. Insurers often do this so that you end up settling for less than your case is worth. In many cases these delays are unreasonable. They may do things like wait to investigate your case or purposefully reschedule important dates.
- Using your statement against you – While you may be eager to tell your side of the story, you should not make a recorded statement without speaking to an attorney. Your words can and will be used against you.
If State Farm has used any of these deceptive tactics to attempt to derail your claim, you need to speak with an attorney.
Contact an Attorney Today
Was your car accident claim rejected by State Farm? Contact our office at (713) 751-0025 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injured parties throughout Houston. Call now to get started.